Learn How CREATIVE Partnered with OEM to Develop Consumer Healthcare Devices
Client:Global Medical Devices OEM
Services:Product Design, Embedded Systems, VA/VE, Global Sourcing, Data Analytics, Cloud Enablement and Application Software.
The objective of our long-term partnership was to develop innovative consumer healthcare devices for a select portion of their product portfolio and also maintain their legacy products. This would free enough bandwidth and enable our customer to better focus on their hospital equipment business. Our customer also wanted to achieve significant cost savings and accelerated deliverables.
- Our Product Portfolio Included Heart Health Monitor, Glucometer, Pulsed Skin Therapeutic Device, Infusion Pump, Ventilator and Multi-Parameter Patient Monitor
- New Product Portfolio: Product Design, Embedded Systems, Should Costing, VA/VE, Global Sourcing, Data Analytics, Cloud Enablement and Application Software
- Competitors’ Product Benchmarking Through Tear Down, Feature Analysis and Cost Estimates
- Global Sourcing Including Supplier Evaluation, Product and Supplier Transition And Quality Management
- Legacy Product Portfolio: Obsolescence Management, Firmware and Software Upgrades, Regulatory Compliance, Assessing Component Availability And Forecasting Risks
- Pre/Post Launch Support Including Service, Operator Training and Spare Parts Manuals, Resolution of Field Failures
What we did
We created an offshore development center for our customer with specific focus on two broad areas: new product development and legacy product support. Our technical teams were dedicated to our product portfolio which included product design, embedded systems, VA/VE, global sourcing, data analytics, cloud enablement and application software. We developed a dedicated knowledge management system for our product portfolio and this was populated with the knowhow transitioned from the customer to our ODC team. As our center matured we archived our new findings and lessons learned in our knowledge vault which became a reservoir for existing engineers and a training ground for new engineers as the center expanded. We have an extremely satisfied customer and partner since we have been able to exceed all their expectations on business and technical metrics.
Calendar time savings
Few words from our client
CREATIVE has done a fabulous job in developing innovative new products for us and in very ably supporting our legacy products. They have a very capable and responsive team that has the ability to simultaneously undertake multiple large and complex projects with robust processes and strong project management. CREATIVE is providing us substantial value and we are delighted with our return on investment in this partnership. We rate CREATIVE as one of the top partners we have had in a decade.
Connected Assets Strategy
Let us Partner Together
Harness our deep domain expertise with NextGen technologies
to lead in Digital Innovation