Job ID: R1736-0323-12104-MC
|Role||BIW Fixtures Design Engineer|
|No of Positions||30|
|Educational Qualification||BE / BTech / NTTF / GTTC / PDTD / Diploma-Mech,|
ME / MTech / BE Mech
|Technical Competencies||BIW Product / Process Structure, BIW Tooling, Spot Welding, Arc Welding, Geo Fixtures, Grippers Design, Body Shop Process, 3D and 2D Layouts, CATIA V5, UG NX|
- For Designers: 3 to 5 Years of practical experience in designing, detailing and validating the Jigs and Fixtures / SPM.
- For TL / PL: 5 to 8 Years of Experience in the above required
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- CATIA V5, FIDES, Inventor, UG NX with GM / Daimler tool Kit. (Any)
- Candidates with Knowledge on Process Design, Factory Layout design will be preferred.
- Additional CAD Packages like Solid works, Solid edge will be added advantage.
- Exposure to BIW Simulation using Process Simulate / Rob CAD / IGRIP will be added advantage.
- BIW Product / Process Structure development, Suggest process improvements
- Understanding on OEM Standards (Daimler / GM / VW / Volvo / Stellantis etc.)
- Weld Gun Selection / redesign, Weld points study and distribution check.
- Preparation of Process Documentation.
- Onsite / Practical manufacturing experience preferred.
- Understanding the Manufacturing Process
- Design Knowledge in Machining / Welding / Assembly Fixtures
- Special Purpose Machine design / Automation design also preferred.
- Selection of tools and standard parts for Jig & Fixture Design.
- 3D Design, 2D Detailing and BOM Generation (OEM formats) of Jig & Fixtures
Responsibilities / Duties
- Experience designing Body-In-White weld fixtures (Spot / Mig Welding)
- Able to design clamps, stationary pin units, retractable pin units, slides and dumps
- Able to create 2D dimensioned drawings for manufacturing
- Able to create Bill of Materials (BOM’s) for manufacturing
- Knows tolerances and proper material uses
- Able to read and understand GD&T drawings
- Understands and can create Request for Wiring Diagrams (RWD’s)
- Performs basic engineering calculations to verify design integrity
- Must have a working knowledge of the industry safety and ergonomic standards
- Must be Quality Conscious and produce 100% defect free designs and drawings
|Job Category||Manufacturing Engineering|