Learn How CREATIVE Executed Multidisciplinary Engineering for Biomass Plant
Client:Major US OEM
Services:Multidisciplinary Engineering including Piping, Mechanical, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation and PLC, NextGen Technologies
The project involved detail engineering of multiple 40 MW, state-of-the-art, biomass fired electricity generation facilities at multiple locations. The project was designed to consume over 200,000 metric tonnes of dry biomass fuel annually to generate more than 285,000 MWH of renewable electricity, enough to power over 40,000 households.
Our scope for this project was to execute multidisciplinary engineering support with the following activities
- Piping: Preparation of Pipe Designs, Piping Layouts, 3D Models, Pipe Isometrics, Material Specifications, Material Takeoff, Pipe Stress Analysis and Reports, Pipe Tie-in Drawings and Piping Material Specifications
- Structural: Design and Detailing of Pipe Support and Pipe Rack, Crossover Platforms, Connection Design and Other Structures
- Mechanical: Design and Detailing of Pressure and Non-Pressure Parts. Preparation of Specifications, Material Requisition and Technical Bid Evaluation of Major Equipment
- Electrical, Instrumentation and PLC: Preparation of Load Lists, Single Line Diagrams, Motor Lists, Cabling Sizing and Routing, Plant Lighting Design Layouts, Heat Tracing Calculations, IO Lists, Hook-Up Drawings and Junction Box Specifications, Design and Selection of PLCs, DCS and SCADA, PLC Programming, HMI Graphics Screens, Panel GA Drawings and Wiring Drawings
- NextGen Technologies: Roadmap for the Digitalization of the Biomass Plants with NextGen Technologies Using IoT, Data Analytics, Cloud and Edge Computing, AI and Machine Learning
What we did
We deployed our renewable energy domain experts to serve as program managers for this project. In addition to executing multidisciplinary engineering. We provided the customer with several recommendations to improve performance, streamline logistics and cut-down costs. We also provided the customer with a roadmap for the digitalization of these biomass plants with NextGen technologies using IoT, data analytics, cloud andedge computing, AI and machine learning.
Project cost savings
Few words from our client
CREATIVE truly worked as an extended part of our engineering team to meet critical delivery schedules and engineering challenges. We are delighted to work with such a professionally managed organization. They listen very carefully to feedback from our team and are always reachable round-the-clock and during holidays.
Engineering and Procurement
Let us Partner Together
Harness our deep domain expertise with NextGen technologies
to lead in Digital Innovation