Learn How CREATIVE Delivered Digital Engineering for Automotive Body Robotic Assembly Automation
Client:Global Automotive OEM
Services:Digital Engineering Including BIW Line Process Planning, System Layout, Concept Designs for Fixtures and Equipment, Robotic Simulation, Manufacturing Drawings, Offline Programming
Integration of 2 new Body Side Outer Variants of an SUV for an existing line with 2 other products in China. The engineering was undertaken in India and Installation and commissioning executed in the China facility.
- Process: Integration Study of the Products, Defining New Product Structures, Weld Distributions, Weld Gun Selections, Cycle Time Study and Line Balancing
- Layout: Legacy Layout Update with Changes in Equipment Positions and Definition of Air, Water and Electricity Requirements in the Plant to Define Piping Space, Cable Trays Required to Ensure Safety
- Concept Design: Design of Geometry Fixtures for Spot Welding, Rotary Trunnion, MIG Welding Fixtures, Modular Grippers, Sealer and Welding Equipment
- Robotic Simulation: Process Validation, Tool Validation, Cycle Time Prove Out, Risk and Safety Assessment. Robot Extraction Plans
- Manufacturing Drawings: Preparation of 2D Manufacturing Drawings with Bill of Materials. Preparation of Sequence Sheets and Pneumatic Plans
- Offline Programming: Offline Programming and Download Using Robotic Controllers, Validate Programs on Shop Floor
- Onsite Support: Installation and Prove Out with Cycle Time Optimization in China
What we did
We deployed our automotive assembly automation domain experts to serve as program managers for this project. In addition to executing this multifaceted engineering project in a record time, we provided our customer with several recommendations to improve performance, streamline the layout and cut down costs through standardization, modularity and tool reuse because of our indepth experience with the customer’s product line.
Engineering cost savings
Few words from our client
CREATIVE has been very instrumental in our success by deploying a team of 50 engineers in supporting our large Digital Engineering projects for automotive body robotic assembly automation. Their dynamic resource management coupled with their highly talented multidisciplinary team rivals anything that I can find locally in the US. They work as an extension of our engineering team and they have excellent domain knowledge in body shop line engineering. We are looking forward to a long term expanded relationship with them.
Virtual Automation and Assembly
Let us Partner Together
Harness our deep domain expertise with NextGen technologies
to lead in Digital Innovation