Job ID: R1090-1021-12105-EE
|Role||Lead Electrical Engineer Rail Domain|
|No of Positions||1|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech / M.Tech|
|Technical Competencies||In depth knowledge in Electrical systems used in Railway maintenance equipment, Locomotives|
- Generate innovative electrical solutions to problems of high complexity for systems used in Rail equipment and Rail industry.
- Determine feasibility of modifying existing, or designing new equipment while considering the cost, time limitations, and other technical and economic factors.
- Create layout and design of electrical components and systems of moderate to high complexity in 3D CAD, with an understanding of how designs are applied, how they interact with other assemblies, and how they will be manufactured.
- Prepare and compile necessary calculations to support product designs.
- Responsible for delivering quality, accurate releases of engineering documentation of moderate to high complexity. Checks own work and the work of others. Follow procedures and standards accurately.
- Provide system and individual car or unit level technical leadership on projects.
- Lead design reviews consisting of multi-disciplined teams.
- Compile and analyse operational, test, and research data to help determine if design meets functional and performance standards and establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Design and integrate industrial power distribution systems from 480VAC generator power down to secondary voltages.
- Design and integrate industrial automation and control systems including PLC controls, motor controls, instrumentation and general machine design controls.
- A Bachelors degree with 8-10 years of experience or a Masters degree with 6-8 years of experience in Electrical Systems for Rail Equipment
- Good Understanding of the rules that govern the design of RDSO, AAR and FRA regulated equipment and their implications on machine designs.
- The ability to size and design 480V motor, generator controls.
- Circuit protection sizing.
- Wire/conductor sizing.
- Understanding of the basics of PLC system and instrumentation
- Creating and editing electrical schematics.
- Good experience in project management
- Experience in Electrical and Control System Design Software – Promis.e
- Knowledge in Autodesk Inventor and Vault
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and presentation
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and external customers.
- Experience with quality assurance, writing and managing requirements including traceability and requirements management tools.
|Job Category||Heavy Engineering|